Who can be part of the network?
It takes many types of skills to make a film. Camera operators, actors, sound and lighting technicians, script & music writers, organizers, and a multitude of other skills are needed. If you have an interest in making films – or even if you just want to practice using the video features of your DSLR camera – you are welcome to join the network.
With the advent of the Canon 5D Mark II in 2008, independent filmmakers around the globe immediately had access to a professional-level tool for capturing great quality high-definition (HD) footage with a beautiful cinematic feel. Since then, the entire independent filmmaking community has changed along with some of the skills required to make great films.
Now every camera manufacturer has a DSLR, Mirrorless or Cinema camera that shoots stunning HD footage and some cameras now shoot 4K video. To say that there has been a revolution in the filmmaking industry would be an understatement!
With the affordable entry price of some of these cameras, even non-professionals (the average camera users) have high-quality video capabilities built into their cameras & phones.
Here a few examples of reasons you may want to join the network:
- You are a script writer, music composer or musician and want to connect with independent filmmakers.
- You are interested in filmmaking or just using a video camera and want to network with others to help further your abilities, whatever they may be.
- You are interested in movie acting and want to find opportunities to be in someone’s film.
- You have a skit that was put together for a local theater company that you would like to make into a short film.
- You are a film editor, motion graphics artist, or simply someone who likes playing around in iMovie and want to make your skills available.
- You just want to be a part of making a film and are open to helping out in a variety of ways.
There truly is a place for anyone who wants to participate. Scroll down, click the link and fill out the simple membership form. There is no membership fee.