How will the network help Sandpoint filmmakers?
The network connects people from all over the area with a variety of talents and interests, providing a robust community for partnering, sharing, learning, practicing and executing moviemaking skills.
Monthly meetings will provide an opportunity to see other members in person, talk about needs you may have or problems you encountered in film or video projects. The meeting location provides indoor and outdoor space for practice or demonstration.
We will put together a summary of the meetings that will be sent via email for those that were not able to attend so they can stay in touch with what was discussed and any needs there may be. In addition, this monthly summary will include any announcements that members have requested be sent to the network.
A few reasons to attend the meeting might include:
- You have a DSLR camera that shoots video, but you are not sure where to start.
- You have a new camera or gizmo and want to show off to people who share your enthusiasm.
- You just finished a script and you are looking for a filmmaker to discuss the project with.
- You are a musician and looking for a film project that you can write or play some music for.
- You are having trouble nailing focus when shooting video and are hoping for some pointers.
- You are a seasoned filmmaker and want to share your knowledge with others.
- You want to be part of an independent film project in some way.
Through group participation, we will help further the collective knowledge base, making everyone better at what they love to do.